Welcome to SmileBait! We’re delighted to provide our readers a place where laughter and inspiration can be found around every corner. While we love to have fun, our lawyers have informed us that we have to include a little legalese to cover our keesters. Lawyers are funny that way.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
SmileBait.com is an Online Service Provider under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”). SmileBait.com respects the legitimate rights of copyright owners and we expects our users to do the same. In the event of infringement, our internal take down procedure will be followed as required by the DMCA and described within this notice. Our policy is intended to guide copyright owners in the utilization of that procedure, and also to guide users and webmasters in restoring access to websites and any content that has been disabled due to a mistake.
Notice to Owners of Copyrighted Works
If you are a copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of a copyright holder, we request that you please report the alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through our site, SmileBait.com site by submitting the following notice and delivering it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement
Notify SmileBait.com of any pertinent facts and supporting documentation in a document signed under penalty of perjury and emailed to email@example.com. Within your notice, you must provide the following information as per the DMCA statute:
- Physical or electronic signature of any person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that has been allegedly infringed.
- Identification and location of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material within a reasonable timeframe.
- Contact information sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party. This information may include an address, telephone number, and, preferably, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted by representatives of this SmileBait.com.
- A statement that the complaining party believes that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the creator, copyright owner, authorized agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate as submitted, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that has been allegedly infringed.
When filing an infringement claim to SmileBait.com, please include any URLs identifying the allegedly infringing material along with any other information that might assist in researching and investigating your claim.
If the material originates from another website and you believe that SmileBait.com has cached that material, you will be requested to confirm whether any of the following apply:
- The material has been removed from the originating site.
- Access to the material on the originating site has been disabled.
- A court has ordered that the allegedly infringed material be removed from the originating site.
- A court has ordered that access to the material on the originating site be disabled either temporarily or permanently.
Failure to include all of the above information as requested may result in considerable delay in processing the DMCA Notification upon receipt. If you materially misrepresent the claim that any material infringes upon your copyright interest, you may be held liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys’ fees, and could be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Deliver this Notice with all items completed to SmileBait.com via email at Smilebaitwriters@gmail.com
Upon receipt of a valid claim SmileBait.com will follow the procedures provided in the DMCA which prescribe a notice and take down procedure, subject to the user’s or webmaster’s right to submit a Counter-Notification claiming lawful use of the disabled works and will have the disputed material removed from public view. We shall notify the user or writer who posted the allegedly infringing material that it has been permanently removed from public view.